Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Some of politeness rules in Saudi Arabia by Ahmad Alsuwailem



In my country Saudi Arabia, we have many rules of politeness. For example, when I go to visit my friend in his house or his parent house, I should bring a small gift or some food with me. First, when I go in the house, I should greet the oldest. If he is a man I should kiss his head and hand, and ask him about his health. That shows how I respect him. But if I greet a woman I should kiss her head without touching her or shaking hands. Second, it is more polite to sit at the end of the room not close to the door. It is more polite to keep speaking and smiling all the time. When I sit at the dining table, I shouldn't start to eat until the oldest start eating. Finally, before I go, I should ask my friend to visit me in my house. That was some of the rules which everybody agree with or everybody did in my country.

No comments:

Post a Comment